Liquidity (Impact Cost)
For inclusion in the index, the security should have traded at an average impact cost of 0.50% or less during the last six months for 90% of the observations for a basket size of Rs. 2 Crores.
Impact cost is cost of executing a transaction in a security in proportion to the weightage of its free float market capitalisation as against the index free float market capitalisation at any point of time. This is the percentage mark- up suffered while buying / selling the desired quantity of a security compared to its ideal price (best buy + best sell) / 2
- A company which comes out with an IPO will be eligible for inclusion in the index, if it fulfils the normal eligibility criteria for the index like impact cost, market capitalisation and floating stock, for a 3 month period instead of a 6 month period.
- The constituents should be available for trading in the derivatives segment (Stock Futures & Options market) on NSE.
- Replacement of Stock from the Index:
A stock may be replaced from an index for the following reasons:
- Compulsory changes like corporate actions, delisting etc. In such a scenario, the stock having largest free float market capitalization and satisfying other requirements related to liquidity, turnover and free float will be considered for inclusion.
- When a better candidate is available in the replacement pool, which can replace the index stock i.e. the stock with the highest free float market capitalization in the replacement pool has at least twice the free float market capitalization of the index stock with the lowest free float market capitalization.
With respect to (2) above, a maximum of 10% of the index size (number of stocks in the index) may be changed in a calendar year. Changes carried out for (2) above are irrespective of changes, if any, carried out for (1) above
Source : NSE
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Eastmond- Sukel street no. 62, 79540 Hanga Roa, Easter Island
Give us a ring
+74 201 709 645
Mon - Fri, 9:00-15:00