Angel Broking is Mumbai India based stock broker offering trading, investment and advisory services to retail customer. Angel Broking has a network of over 8,500 branches, sub brokers and franchisees.
Angel offers products and services including Equity Trading, Currency Trading, Commodity Trading, Mutual Funds, IPO, Life Insurance, Depository Services (Demat Account) and NRI Trading Account. Angel also provide services like Portfolio Management Services (PMS) and Investment Advisory.
With over 10 lakh customers and presence in over 900 cities in India, Angel is among the most popular stock broker in India.
Depository services or demat account is one of the key services offered by Angel though a 2-in-1 account. The 2-in-1 account include trading and demat account.
Demat account holds shares, mutual funds, bonds etc. electronically, in a very similar manner where bank account holds money. The demat account allows customers to buy or sell the shares electronically without any paperwork.
Angel is registered as a Depository Participant with Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL).
Angel Broking Demat Account Schemes
Angel Broking offers 2 demat account schemes:
- Life Time AMC Scheme
In this scheme, with one time upfront payment of Rs 1250, customer can get lifetime zero AMC demat account.
- Investor Scheme
In this scheme, customer does pay any upfront money but Rs 300 is charged yearly as Annual Maintenance Charge (AMC).
All other fees remain same for both the plans.
Angel Broking Demat Account Key Features
- Wide network of branches for personalized customer service.
- Easy online and offline transfer of shares
- Pledging facility to avail loan
- Option to freeze the demat account for certain time, if required, to avoid misuse.
- Demat account can be access though branches, mobile trading app, desktop trading app and from Angel Broking website.
- Direct deposit of dividends in linked bank account.
- Bonus issues, right shares, or stock split are automatically updated in the Demat accoun
- Hold mutual funds in the same demat account.
- Facility to convert physical share certificate to demat through branches.
Angel Broking DP Account - Additional Charges
- Rs 11 per debit transaction within Angel. Rs 21 per debit transaction outside Angel.
- Rs 25 for pledge creation and pledge closure.
- Any extra statement is charged at Rs 25 per statement.
Angel Broking Demat Account Opening Charges
To open a new Demat account with Angel Broking, the customer may have to pay Demat account opening charges. The broker may also charges Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC), a yearly fee to maintain the Demat account.
|Demat Account Opening Fee||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat Account Annual Charges (AMC)||Rs 240|
Special Offer: Brokerage free equity delivery trades, free tips and flat Rs 20 intraday and F&O trade brokerage. Open Instant Account and start trading today.
Angel Broking Depository Service Charges for Resident Retail Customers
|Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)||Rs 240 per year (Rs 20 per month)|
|Debit transaction||Rs 20 per ISIN|
|Charges for Pledge creation / Pledge closure||Rs 25 per ISIN|
|Charges for applying for certain corporate benefits (e.g. Right issue, Buy back etc) on behalf of client||Rs 11 Request|
|Dematerialization||Rs 10 per certificate and Rs 30 per DRF request for postage charges plus Rs 30 per rejection|
|Rematerialization||Actual CDSL charges plus Rs 30 per request towards postal charges|
|Additional DIS requisition||Rs 25 booklet|
|Additional Request for account statement or Holding with valuation, freeze & Unfreeze etc.||Rs 25 Request|
Angel Broking Special Offer
Discount Brokerage Plan (Flat Rate Pricing)
Get a full-service trading account with discount broker pricing. Pay Rs 0 brokerage for equity delivery and flat Rs 20 brokerage for Intraday and F&O trades. Get high-quality research reports and personalized services for free. Open Instant Account and start trading in just a few minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to open Angel Broking demat account online?
Angel Broking offers an instant online demat account opening facility. The online account opening takes just 5 minutes. It is for people who have their Aadhar number linked with their current phone number for OTP verification. Other people have to open the account offline by filling, signing and sending the paper account opening form to the Angel office.
Steps to open Angel Broking Demat Account
- Visit the Angel Broking website
- Fill the name and email address in the account opening form.
- Verify OTP.
- Enter personal details (Email, DoB and Bank Account Details).
- Verify and submit your application.
You will soon receive the details of your demat account on your registered email ID.
2. What is BO ID in Angel Broking?
The BO ID in Angel Broking is the customers CDSL demat account number. It is a 16 digit number that consists of 8 digits DP ID and 8 digits Client ID. The BOID (demat account number) can be found in demat statements or by login on to the Angel Broking websites profile section.
Sample BO ID for Angel Broking: 1203320001244818
The first 8 digits (12033200) is the Angel Broking DP id (same for all customers). The last 8 digits is a unique client ID.
3. How to delete Angel Broking account?
Angel broking account can be deleted by submitting a signed paper form for account closure to the company. Angel Broking account cannot be deleted online, on phone or by email.
Before initiating the account closure process, please do the following for a smooth and quick account closure process:
- Clear all pending dues including demat AMC.
- Close all your open positions in Intraday and F&O.
- Withdraw money held in your trading account.
- Sell or transfer all the securities from the demat account.
Steps to delete Angel Broking Account
- Download the Account Closure Form
- Take a printout of the form, fill & sign it.
- For a joint account, make sure that all account holders sign it.
- Submit or Courier the form to your respective Angel Broking office.
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a call and email from Angel broking. Make sure to follow-up with Angel until you get a confirmation of account closure.
4. Is Angel Broking NSDL or CDSL?
Angel Broking is a Depository participant (DP) of CDSL, one of the two central depositories in India. Its CDSL DP ID is 12033200.
All demat accounts opened with Angel Broking are managed by CDSL. Angel Broking only acts as an intermediary between the customer and the central depository.
5. What is my demat account number in Angel Broking?
Your demat account number is a unique number consisting of 16 digits assigned by CDSL, one of the two central depositories in India. Angel broking demat account number looks like 1203320012345678.
The demat account number is a combination of the DP ID and customer ID. The first 8-digits is your DP ID whereas the last 8-digits is your customer ID
The demat account number has two parts:
- First 8 Digits - Angel Broking CDSL DP ID 12033200
- Last 8 Digits - Customer ID
The first 8 digits remain the same for all Angel Broking customers. The customer ID is unique to the customer.
- Angel Broking is a member of CDSL and all demat accounts are opened and managed by CDSL. Angel Broking works as a servicing agent for demat accounts.
- The customer ID in demat account number is also known as Beneficiary Owner ID or BO ID.
- The demat account number is sent along with the welcome kit while opening the account.
- You can also find your demat account by login into Angel websites My Profile section.
6. How to close Angel Broking demat account online?
To close your demat account, a customer has to download the Angel Broking Account Closure Form PDF and print it. Fill the form and sign it. For joint accounts, the signature of all account holders is necessary. Submit or courier the form to your respective branch office.
You cannot close your Angel Broking demat account online. The account closure process is completely offline.
- Close all your open F&O positions.
- Clear all your pending dues.
- Sell or transfer all the securities held in the demat account.
- Follow up with the customer care team in case you dont receive any communication from the company on your account closure request.
7. How to operate Angel Broking demat account?
A demat account is an online repository where securities like shares, Mutual Funds, IPO stocks etc., bought from the stock exchanges are held in the electronic form. A demat account is mandatory to buy shares and mutual funds or trade in F&O.
A demat account is different from a trading account .
Once youve opened your Angel Broking demat account it is linked with your trading and a savings bank account. Securities bought using the linked trading account are credited to your demat account. Whenever you sell any security, it will be debited from your demat account. The entire process happens online and Angel Broking takes care of it.
Youll be informed of your demat account transactions through email and SMS.
Read more about Angel Broking
- Angel Broking Review - A Detail Analysis of Angel Broking
- Angel Broking Brokerage Charges, Fees, AMC, Transaction Charges
- Angel Broking Ltd FAQs
- Angel Broking Demat Account Review
- Angel Broking Mobile App
- Angel Broking Account Opening Process Review
- Angel Broking Branch Offices / Sub Brokers / Franchise
- Apply in IPO through Angel Broking
- Angel Broking Trading Software Review
- Angel Broking NRI Account Review
- Angel Broking Mutual Fund Review
- Is Angel Broking safe?
- Angel Broking Complaints Analysis
Compare Demat Accounts
Angel Broking Competitors Review
Information on this page was last updated on Wednesday, July 28, 2021
By Popular Stock Brokers
Free Equity Futures Trading
Flat ₹20 Per Trade - Options & Intraday
Free Research & Advistory
Free Research & Advistory
Free Equity Delivery
Flat ₹20 Per Trade in F&O
Free Equity Delivery Trades
Flat ₹20 Per Trade in F&O
Full-service broker at its best
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Eastmond- Sukel street no. 62, 79540 Hanga Roa, Easter Island
Give us a ring
+74 201 709 645
Mon - Fri, 9:00-15:00