|Founded||2019 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
The Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO) is the government hub in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi that is responsible for attracting and facilitating foreign and domestic investment into Abu Dhabi. It supports the growth and diversification of Abu Dhabis private sector, in line with the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030.
ADIO was established by the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (ADDED) in 2019 under Law No. 1 2019 issued by the UAE President, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan. It is responsible for implementing a strategy to increase foreign direct investment in Abu Dhabi by supporting investors and companies looking to establish or expand in Abu Dhabi.
ADIO offers tailored and personalised investor care, guidance and support for investing in Abu Dhabi, coupled with structured financial and non-financial incentives.
As part of Abu Dhabis Ghadan 21 accelerator programme, ADIOs activities include key initiatives to accelerate economic growth.
ADIO is responsible for the implementation of public-private partnerships (PPP) in Abu Dhabi, in line with its mandate to encourage private sector investment. In September 2020, it issued new PPP procurement regulations and published the Partnership Projects Guidebook to provide investors with key information on the legislative and operational processes for developing partnership projects in Abu Dhabi.
In April 2020, ADIO partnered individually with AeroFarms, Madar Farms, RNZ and Responsive Drip Irrigation to build new agriculture facilities in Abu Dhabi. It provided a total of US$100 million in cash and non-cash incentives to the four companies to develop solutions aimed at solving complex global agriculture challenges.
- H.E. Mohammed Ali Al Shorafa, Chairman, Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (ADDED)
- H.E Dr. Tariq Bin Hendi, Director General, Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO)
- ^ Hussein, Hazem. President issues two laws to formally establish Abu Dhabi Investment Office. Emirates News Agency.
- ^ Ismail, Esraa. Abu Dhabi Investment Office, Invest in Israel set out plan for bilateral investment cooperation. Emirates News Agency.
- ^ About Abu Dhabi Investment Office. Abu Dhabi Investment Office.
- ^ Ismail, Esraa. ADIO formalises Abu Dhabis public-private partnership procurement framework to guide investors. Emirates News Agency.
- ^ Alghoul, Rola. ADIO to invest US$100 million in four global AgTech to develop next generation agriculture. Emirates News Agency.
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Eastmond- Sukel street no. 62, 79540 Hanga Roa, Easter Island
Give us a ring
+74 201 709 645
Mon - Fri, 9:00-15:00