Benchmark goes past 54,000 for the first time in intra-day trade and also closes above this mark
Following are some major market trends in 2021:
* January 21: The BSE benchmark Sensex touches the momentous 50,000-mark in intra-day trade on January 21, 2021
* February 3: Closes above 50,000 for the first time
* February 5: Crosses 51,000-mark in intra-day trade
* February 8: Ends above 51,000-level
* February 15: Rallies above 52,000-mark
* June 22: Reaches 53,000-mark in intra-day trade
* July 7: Closes above the 53,000-mark for the first time
* August 4: Benchmark goes past 54,000 for the first time in intra-day trade and also closes above this mark
* August 13: Rallies above 55,000 for the first time and also closes above this mark
* August 18: Goes past 56,000-mark for the first time in intra-day trade
* August 25: Reaches its lifetime high of 56,198.13
* August 27: Closes above the 56,000-mark for the first time; market capitalisation of BSE-listed companies at record high of Rs 2,43,73,800.36 crore
The benchmark index has gained 8,373.39 points or 17.53 per cent so far in 2021.
Get live Stock Prices from BSE, NSE, US Market and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, Check out latest IPO News, Best Performing IPOs, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Financial Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest Biz news and updates.