Why choose a St.George margin loan?
We offer you all the benefits of a margin loan along with our distinctively personal approach – which makes a St.George Margin Loan one of the most simple and flexible ways to build your wealth.
$0 establishment fees for individuals or company applicants
$0 account keeping or transaction fees
Wide range of acceptable securities
Guide to St.George Margin Lending
A margin loan lets you borrow money to invest in shares, managed funds, master trusts and wraps. This is also known as gearing. Just like investing in property where the loan is secured against the property, you margin loan is secured against your shares, managed funds, master trusts and wraps. A margin loan gives you more to invest, and you have the potential for bigger returns. Find out more.
Margin lending can offer a range of benefits including:
- Bigger returns. A margin loan gives you more to invest and you have the potential for bigger returns.
- Unlock the equity in your existing investments. Raise cash for investment purposes without having to sell your investments
- Support your retirement goals. Investors may use a margin loan as a means of building their wealth for retirement.
- Greater diversification of your portfolio. Spread your investments across a broader range of assets to build a more diversified portfolio.
- Margin lending can be tax-effective
- Interest paid on your loan is generally tax-deductible.
- Interest can be paid up to 12 months in advance and you may be able to get an additional tax deduction for the prepaid interest in the current financial year (subject to your ability to satisfy the tax prepayment rules).
- By borrowing against your existing portfolio, you may increase the size of your investment without having to sell your existing portfolio and potentially create a capital gains tax event.
- Australian shares often generate franked dividends, which yield imputation credits that may be used to offset other tax liabilities.
You can also select from the following features …
Interest rate options
We offer a tiered interest rate structure including Variable Interest Rate (in arrears) and Fixed Interest Rate (in advance) from 3 months to 5 years.
Acceptable Securities List
St.George Margin Lending offers a wide range of shares, managed funds and master trusts, with a range of loan to value ratios.
Using your existing investment portfolio or cash as security, you can make regular investments every month with loan advances from your borrowed funds.
Writing call options gives you the potential to earn additional income from the investments in your portfolio. St.George Margin Lending allows you to write call options using your margin lending facility.
For investors who hold three or more qualifying securities, the Diversified feature provides access to an extended range of equities.
Servicing wholesale applicants
Access to our dedicated relationship managers, preferential interest rates and a more streamlined application process.
Manage your loan
At St.George we want to help you manage your loan quickly and easily. So, we have provided the forms you are most likely to need all in the one space.
6.08% p.a. $0 to $249,999.99
5.83% p.a. $250,000 to $499,999.99
5.58% p.a. $500,000 and over
Fixed Interest Rates (up to 12 months)
5.40% p.a. $0 to $249,999.99
5.15% p.a. $250,000 to $499,999.99
4.90% p.a. $500,000 and over
How to apply
You can apply through the application form, by email or via the phone
St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation is the issuer of the St.George Margin Lending Margin Loan Product Disclosure Statement (“PDS”). This information has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. For this reason, before acting on the information you should consider its appropriateness to your objectives, financial situation or needs and consider the disclosure documents which include the PDS. The PDS and other disclosure documents are relevant when deciding whether to acquire or hold this product and can be obtained by calling 13 33 30. Applications for credit are subject to the issuers prevailing lending criteria. Terms and conditions apply to the product.
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Eastmond- Sukel street no. 62, 79540 Hanga Roa, Easter Island
Give us a ring
+74 201 709 645
Mon - Fri, 9:00-15:00