Nazara Technologies Ltd Unlistes Shares
Nazara Technologies Limited is one of the leading ‘Interactive Gaming and new age Sports Media’ company and its headquarter is in Mumbai and having operations in 60 countries spread across India, Asia, Africa and Middle East. Nazara has diversified business models and comprise of Subscription, Freemium, eSports, Skill Based Gaming in India and Chance based Gaming business in Kenya, Africa.
Nazara’s goal is to cater to billion plus mobile internet players across emerging markets who have embraced social multiplayer interactive gaming as the foremost form of entertainment. Nazara generates revenues from following business models and partners with digital payment providers, telecom carriers, ISPs and ad networks to offer a seamless intuitive experience to the players on Nazara’s offerings.
NAZARA TECHNOLOGIES LTD BUSINESS MODELS
- Players’ spending money within games:
Skill Based Games – players play with and win real money based on the preponderance of skill involved in the gameplay e.g. sports fantasy.
- Advertising revenues by selling inventory within games:
Freemium – players download games from google play free of cost and they either see ads within the game or they buy virtual items within the game to progress further in the game or compete with each other e.g. World Cricket Championship, Chhota Bheem Speed Racing etc.
- Media rights and events sponsorships:
eSports – amateur players watch live stream of the match being played by the professional players on OTT platforms & listen to live commentary. Millennial watch players playing PUBG which is akin to the grownups watching cricket on TV or on OTT platform.
- Subscription of gaming services:
Players subscribing to the daily/ weekly / monthly/ annual subscription packs wherein they get unlimited content with new content added on regular basis.
Nazara Technologies Unlisted Shares Details:
|Total Available Shares:||200|
|Face Value:||Rs 4 Per Equity Share|
|Lot Size:||50 Shares|
|Current Unlisted Share Price:||Rs Best in industry Per Equity Share|
Promoters And Management:
Promoters of Nazara Technologies Limited Company are:
1. Mr.Vikash Mittersain is the Chairman and Managing Director of our Company. He has been associated as Director of the Company since its incorporation. He holds a diploma in industrial electronics from Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli. He has 38 years of experience in multiple business sectors. He is a member of Advisory Board on Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Centre, Lucknow. He is also the founder and president of India Business Group. He has been part of various panel discussions and conferences including the sessions at VESIM Literati and Innovators Pitching Session at Maker Mela 2018.
2. Mr. Nitish Mittersain is the Joint Managing Director of our company. He holds a bachelor of commerce degree from the University of Mumbai. He founded our Company in 1999 and has been associated in the promotion of our Company for the last 18 years. He was selected as a member of the Young Presidents’ Organization in 2014 and he has been the recipient of many awards including the Visionary Award from the Vision Foundation in 2012, the Young Achievers Award from the Indo American Society in 2000 and the Outstanding Young Person Award from Junior Chamber International, Marine Lines in 2017. He is also a member of the MEF Asia Board.
3. Mitter Infotech LLP
Shareholding Pattern as on 31.03.2020
|Name of the Shareholder||No. of Shares||% of Holding|
|Westbridge Venture II Investments Holding||6,121,210||21.86|
|IIFL Special Opportunity Fund||1,748,185||6.24|
|IIFL Special Opportunity Fund Series4||14,29,360||5.11|
|IIFL Special Opportunity Fund Series2||1,126,625||4.02|
|IIFL Special Opportunity Fund Series5||1,205,502||4.31|
|Emerging Investments Limited||5,50,810||1.96|
|Turtle Entertainment GmbH||485,018||1.73|
Financials of Nazara Technologies Unlisted Shares:
Financial of Nazara Tech( Fig. in Crores )
History of Dividends
|Dividend Per Share||0||0||0||100||0||151||Rs.0||Rs.0|
Review of Financials of FY18-19
- The company has registered profit after tax of Rs. 4.4 Crores in the financial year ended March 31, 2019, on a consolidated level as against Rs. 1.211 in the previous financial year ended March 31, 2018.
- The EBITDA margins have declined on account of change in revenue mix with a contribution of esports and freemium increasing from 11.04% in the financial year ended March 2018 to 43.77% in the financial year 2019.
- EBITDA margins will increase in the coming year as esports and freemium businesses see a sharp improvement in EBITDA margins over the years because of high player retention in mobile games and organic downloads increasing with word of mouth publicity. Likewise, media rights kick in for esports once an IP has been established and the scale of brand sponsorships increases with the maturing of the IP.
- The Company has made the following allotments on the preferential basis:
a) 34,959 Equity Shares of Rs.4/- each at a price of Rs. 728/- for cash aggregating to Rs. 25.40 million on private placement Basis to Azimuth Investments Limited on 18th July 2019.
b) 4,71,740 Equity Shares of Rs. 4/- each at the price of Rs. 728/- aggregating to Rs. 343.40 million to the shareholders of Absolute Sports Private Limited on private placement basis for consideration other than cash (i.e. by way of swap of 1,07,450 Equity shares of Absolute Sports Private Limited with the Equity shares of the Company) on 16th September 2019.
Review of Financials of FY19-20
- In FY19-20, Nazara Tech revenue has grown by 47% and it touched the revenue of 250 Crores. Over the years, Nazara Tech has diversified its business model and it is no more dependent on telecom-subscription business only. Currently, it earns revenue from telco, freemium, and e-sports business. Below are the stats of different revenue models of Nazara Tech.
|Revenue (Crores)||FY17- 18||FY18- 19||FY19 -20||Intellectual Property|
|Telco Subscription||153||95||81||Rights to distribute aggregated gaming content|
|Freemium||15||24||20||World Cricket Championship|
|Esports||3.6||49||84||Nodwin + Sports Keeda|
|Real Money Gaming||0||0||42||Halaplay, Big PESA|
2. Nazara Technology has spent around 105 Crores more in “Advertisement and Promotion” in FY19-20 which leads to losses this year as compare to FY18-19.
3. In FY19-20, Nazara Tech has strengthened its leadership in esports and cricket simulation mobile game in Indian market and added Sportskeeda (a multi sports news destination in its portfolio) and increased its stake in Halaplay –fantasy sports offering to ensure multiple touch points with new age sports fans in India.
4. Nazara further augmented its presence in kids vertical by acquiring a majority in Paperboat Apps (51%) in FY 19-20. Paperboat Apps publishes a subscription app under the brand name of Kiddopia in North America for preschool kids that teaches everything from math, language skills, general knowledge and social skills to creativity through fun & exciting game play through in house created gamified learning content.
May 15, 2021
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Eastmond- Sukel street no. 62, 79540 Hanga Roa, Easter Island
Give us a ring
+74 201 709 645
Mon - Fri, 9:00-15:00