Meet Global Infrastructure Needs
with Japan Quality
Photo by Richard Lee Photography
Characteristics of JII
- Assisting infrastructure business globally
- JII contributes to sound and sustainable growth of society by supporting our customers efforts to deploy their high-quality products and cutting-edge technologies globally.
JII invests in infrastructure projects and asset holding vehicles overseas which Japanese manufacturers and engineering companies are involved in.
- Strong risk-taking capability
with financial expertise
- JII plays important role including (1) ensuring feasibility of the projects through evaluating the schemes and financial models and (2) facilitating the deal process.
In addition to greenfield projects, JII considers brownfield projects provided it fits JII’s investment criteria.
- Always adjacent to our customer
- Dedicated investment team with professional skills and diverse backgrounds assesses financial solutions together with the customers.
Asset based finance
Types of products：Distributed power generation asset, advanced medical equipment, IT equipment, construction machinery, etc.
- Manufacturers sell/deliver equipment to their clients via SPC established by JII.
- O&M services are provided by the manufacturers or their group companies / partner companies.
- ・Strengthen O&M businesses of the manufacturers
- ・Improvement of cash cycle
- ・Enable manufacturers and customers (end users) to pursue asset-light business model
Types of products：Railway, power generation/transmission, water/sewage, waste etc.
- JII supports financing of infrastructure projects through equity/mezzanine investment.
- ・Diversification of funding sources
- ・Improvement of equity IRR with mezzanine finance
- ・JII supports Japanese manufacturers and engineering companies deploying their high-quality products and cutting-edge technologies worldwide.
- ・Endeavors to accumulate the total invested asset up to JPY100 billion in the future.
- Types of
- ・Equity/ Preferred Stock / Subordinated Loan for infrastructure projects or asset holding vehicles.
- Sizes of
- ・Target: JPY3-5 billion per transaction.
- ・Negotiable for investments smaller (JPY1 billion or more) and larger (up to JPY10 billion) than the target size.
- ・USD / EUR / GBP / JPY etc.
- Target Sectors
- ・All infrastructure related sectors.
- ・Main target sectors include but not limited to power, transport, water, healthcare, IT.
- Holding Period
- ・Flexible, albeit it depends on the type of investment.
- ・JII may divest its investments after projects have reached stable operation stage.
JII makes investment decision through the process outlined below, and ensures adequate decision making and project feasibility.
|Company Name||Japan Infrastructure Initiative Company Limited|
|Address||10F Meiji Yasuda Life Building, 2-1-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0005 Japan|
|Foundation||January 4, 2017|
|Paid in Capital||JPY 35 Billion|
|Shareholders||Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc. 95.1%|
MUFG Bank, Ltd. 4.9%
|Number of Employees||26 (Full time) (as of June 30 , 2021)|
|President & CEO||Hiroaki Odajima|
- ・5 minutes walk from Marunouchi South Exit of JR Tokyo Station
・Direct access at Exit 3 of Nijubashi-mae Station of Chiyoda Subway Line
・5 minutes walk from International Forum Exit of JR Yurakucho Station
Tell us about you
Find us at the office
Eastmond- Sukel street no. 62, 79540 Hanga Roa, Easter Island
Give us a ring
+74 201 709 645
Mon - Fri, 9:00-15:00